Monday, June 23, 2014

Stuff I am working on

I have been doing all my pell work with my shield and my left side lat, shoulder and tricep are screaming at me. But I think I am doing a little better at blocking the centerline, so the shield work will continue. My last couple of practices have been focused on blocking the center line, controlling the fight, and working the on side. Sometime I am getting too fixated on a target and my shield work is coming up slow. So I need to work on that. I also need to work on following the sword more and not buying body fakes so much. I was told by both Dave and Brendan that my power is really good, so working proper technique on the pell is really paying off. Even shots I did not feel I quite finished and told them not to take, they told me were hard, so I need to keep that drilling up so that that is what I am consistently doing all the time. My head has been in a really weird place the last couple of weeks. I am not sure what it is. I would like to talk to one of my mentors about it, but part of me is shying away from that because I feel like I rely on them too much and I don't want to be so needy. But I am feeling needy. Not sure what to do about that. I am not real excited about going down to AWW, but I am excited to spend time with Mari and fight pickups. I find AWW does not give me a lot of bang for my buck. It is a long drive and I am not a war fighter. I think also because we have not made plans for the dogs or the kid yet, I am feeling unprepared. I want Dave to take care of this stuff, but I honestly don't think he will. I should probably get on the phone today and see whether we can get Hayes to dog and house sit, or whether we need to schedule a kennel. Also need to either get Dave to call his mom re taking Lilly, or we need to just plan to take her with us and figure out the logistics of that. Usually, we would have dropped Lilly off at my mom's on the way down, but that is no longer an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment